As I’m writing this there are only seven days until Christmas! Would you please join me in making each of these 7 DAYS qualify for this “Most Wonderful Time of the Year?”
- DAY 1 – Say “You’re WONDERFUL” to one person you see today. I’m opening my eyes and heart to see the good in people around me – and when I see it I’m going to SAY IT! “You’re a wonderful barista.” “You’re a wonderfully patient mommy.” “You’re a wonderful husband.”
- DAY 2 – Gaze with awe at the WONDERFUL night sky. Cherishing the majesty of creation helps me remember that life on this earth is truly wonderful. Take a moment tonight to stand outside in the cold and marvel at the sky. Is it a clear night with visible stars millions of miles away? Are there layers of clouds hiding the moon, but bringing deep darkness and peace? Either way, it’s pretty wonderful!
- DAY 3 – Savor a WONDERFUL hot drink. Have you noticed that a hot drink in the winter can be wonderful in a way that’s just not the same on a summer day? I love holding a mug of vanilla latte with both hands and inhaling deep to experience the coffee aroma. What’s your favorite “treat in a cup” these days?
- DAY 4 – Delight in your neighbor’s WONDERFUL holiday lights. No matter where you live – on a city street, country road, or in an uptown high-rise – I bet that at least one of your neighbors has decorated their home or a tree with beautiful lights that you can see. Since they have invested their time into doing that work, it’s our job to enjoy it! Take a walk tonight to “ooh” and “aah” and let the Light of Christmas warm your heart.
- DAY 5 – Let WONDERFUL music move you. Christmas music is filling the shops, restaurants, and several radio stations in my car. have you been paying attention? In just a few days this will be over. Now is the time to sing along! One of my favorites is Pachelbel’s Canon in D with children’s angelic voices singing the lyrics. Let me share it with you here. TURN UP THE VOLUME to let the melody fill your soul with joy! (It is really wonderful.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3SEeZURsgk
- DAY 6 – Stop the Chaos and Savor a WONDERFUL moment alone. Do “hustling and bustling” and “frazzled and exhausted” describe you today? Holiday expectations, which often lead to disappointments, can hit the best of us. Today please consider that life is almost never perfect, but it always holds the opportunity for wonderful moments. Cherish 15 minutes of your life today – all alone. Expect a moment of joy! When you’re looking for it, you’ll find it.
- DAY 7 – A WONDERFUL week leads to your wonderful life. So, what happens at the end of a WONDERFUL week? I have inspiration and resolve to keep on living with exuberance, gratitude, awe, delight, and peace! This 7 DAY plan is a model for being aware of positive interactions, the majestic world around me, and my ability to make powerful choices to live well. Robert Browning said, “My task is not to remake myself but to make the absolute best of what God has made.” Intentional living – , with clarity, energy and satisfaction – is our way to treasure this gift of life we’ve been given. On Christmas Eve, Dec 24, 2014, “It’s a Wonderful Life” is scheduled to air on NBC at 8PM Central Time. Join George Bailey as he sees that his life really does make a difference – and remember that yours does too! It’s the perfect ending to a WONDERFUL WEEK.